Sunday, October 18, 2015

I participated in the Lamorinda Arts Alliance show at the Lafayette Christian Church a couple of weekends ago---my first big chance to show and sell a bunch of paintings! My painting buddy, Kim Homes, and I had a lovely patio all to ourselves, shady and pleasant. We greeted visitors as they came through and I got the opportunity to speak with several people, five of whom bought small paintings. It was fun, but exhausting. A lot of work for so little money! I've been told that these kinds of shows are hit and miss and not to get too discouraged, especially if your first wasn't all that spectacular. We'll see. I've heard that the big shows are really expensive to get in. How to make enough money to keep going, buy paint and canvas...I love to paint, but I'm not an expert at selling.

No comments:

Post a Comment